Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Installer error 1706

• Please log in to reply

Booda

Booda

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I was wondering if someone could enlighten me as to why Windows Installer starts up every time I try to use my HP Photosmart 2610 (all-in-1)? Whenever I try to open up my HP Director to scan something windows installer starts and says "Preparing to install Photo Gallery" eventually it tells me to put in source disc....which I'm assuming is the one that came with my HP 2610. Doesn't help. Then it starts up again with the same message only it's for Scan. Each time I get this error message: " Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product (name of product....in my case either Photo Gallery or Scan). The Windows Installer cannot continue. This is driving me crazy. I have installed and uninstalled my HP 2610 so many times but that doesn't correct the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Booda

Booda

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Nevermind.....lol....I just installed "Windows Install Clean-up" and it took care of the 1706 issue.