Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Encode your HTML script.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Hi guys

Are you guys tired that your code lands in other man's hands without your permission?
Well, there are a lot of paid solutions to that problem, but there is at least ONE good free encoder.

http://www.codehouse...s/html_encoder/

It works on javascript and it's very hard to decode it by hand, virtually impossible.
The only set-back is that it's quite populair and there is also a DECODER.

So if a thief sees you've used the site, they just copy it to the Decoder.
Luckily most people are immediatly scared off by it and don't want to take the trouble.

Good luck.

***EDIT
Only because it's free it's possible to be used by anyone, but most people don't know about the site.
This idea is as good as it gets, there's no solution to this problem, but it's a good ghetto-solution.

Edited by IO-error, 09 March 2007 - 07:47 AM.

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

The only set-back is that it's quite populair and there is also a DECODER.

So if a thief sees you've used the site, they just copy it to the Decoder.

That's all well and fine, but if it can be decoded by ANYONE, what's the point in using it? It just adds more code that isn't needed to your site.

Good idea, but needs work...

IO-error

IO-error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Only because it's free it's possible to be used by anyone, but most people don't know about the site.
This idea is as good as it gets, there's no solution to this problem, but it's a good ghetto-solution.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Actually, there are a lot of free HTML Encoders on the internet. Just Google for them under "Free HTML Encoders". Some are better than others

Ron

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I can't see why you should really want to do that. Does your script have such ground breaking ideas that they can't easily be found else were? I would doubt it.

So I don't see the point.

Edited by Michael, 09 March 2007 - 08:59 PM.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

I can't see why you should really want to do that. Does your script got such ground breaking ideas that they can't easily be found else were? I would doubt it.

So I don't see the point.

Agreed... and if the code is that cutting edge I am not so sure I would want to protect it with something so easily accessible... I think I would be paying for a top-notch app to do this....

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It sounds all most a funny as someone that tries to disable right click so I can't save an image from a page. All I have to do it press Print Screen and I have your image.

IO-error

IO-error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
There are no perfect Encoders, because there's always a Decoder to go with it.
So top-notch or not, it's always crackable... The website I recommended is purely for people that want to hide their code "just a bit".
My personal ideas for source-encoding aren't positive. I'd like open-source above all, so people can learn.

But some people won't learn, they'll just steal. (Which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. The best company is set up by stealing ideas: (M$))

Oh and Michael, this was supposed to be a tip to newbie webdevs, who just use HTML. So think about your post, meaning nothing to this topic...

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
This is something I find amusing too. People want to use encryption, for mostly economic reasons, on a machine which is ideally designed for the breaking of codes. Even a machine built twenty years ago could have broken all the codes and deciphered all the messages sent during World War II.

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
I think everyone gets the idea... Topic Closed... :whistling: