Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

stop code 0x0000008e...........HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Joey5443

Joey5443

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I put in a new motherboard it's an asus p4c800 and I tryed to put the same harddrive in but when windows boots there is only a blank black screen. When I tryed to reinstall windows it goes through the install setup, then when I get to the point where you choose to install windows, I press enter to keep going it starts to go and then the blue screen pops up with a stop message. 0x0000008e (0xc0000006, 0x808a9b72, 0xf9680a14, 0x00000000) I have tryed to change the ram, hard drive and several other things. Please help if possible, Thanks.

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Possible graphics problem.

If this is a different motherboard than the previous one try a repair install.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
This is generally what will happen if you switch the motherboard on any of the NT based systems. Unless the two boards have the same or very similar chipsets the change wont work. Even then you may need to reinstall chipset and other drivers.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Indeed. Your Only way to entirely resolve this problem is to backup your data, and do a clean installation of windows XP.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Joey5443...

Are your RAM modules compatible with the new motherboard? That's what generally generates this error during setup...bad or incompatible RAM modules. If you have more than one module installed, try removing one of them and running the installation again.

wannabe1