Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Yet Another SYSTEM Reboot.

• Please log in to reply

azreal

azreal

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
i have looked arround on the site, and tried some of the others stuff, with no prevail.

ok like many other people i too have a problem with my system randomly rebooting for no explainable reason. its really been getting on my nervs so im posting here. :tazz:

Source: System error
Cat: [102]
Event ID: 1003

Error code 000000de, parameter1 00000002, parameter2 e2d37a08, parameter3 e19b49dc, parameter4 381338c2.

i turned on BSOD so when i get it ill let it dump and what not and ill add that stuff here too. Im just hopeing someone can help me, its been awhile that ihavent been able to do much on my comp now. argg...

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This looks at a possible cause

azreal

azreal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
thanx for the reply but that dosnt seem to the the thing since. In my services there is no SNMP and there is none in the registry. ;) :tazz: darn. thanx again for the quick reply.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Insert the XP CD then click start then run then type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace missing system files, you get a blue bar which goes off when complete.

azreal

azreal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
i was just doing that and i got BSOD. so heres what it gave.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_ONPAGED_AREA

***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xfd85e000, 0x00000001, 0x804e8df2, 0x00000000).

im ganna try that scan again. i just reinstalled in but its worth a try. Im going to go exchange some ram that was defective, and il tell yah how the scan goes, if my comp reset or not.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
first run a full checkdisk on your pc.

from start run type in cmd.

in the command window type in "chkdsk c: /r"

its possible you have some hdd and or os corruption.

next run memtest x86 http://www.memtest86.com/#download0
as you may have a bad memory stick.

post back the results when your done..... stop code 50 is almost always memory. on occasion hdd corruption, and lastly and rarely driver related.

starjax

Edited by starjax, 04 April 2005 - 06:33 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
This means that windows looked in a place in memory and did not find what it expected. 9 times out of 10 this is a driver issue.

So, first step, update all drivers.

azreal

azreal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ok well thank you all for your help, i ran the mem test on my ram and it passed, well one of the sticks. im running step 5 of the scan disk once that is done im ganna stick in the other piece of ram that i want and exchanged. i love this site its great. I will be here more often, im a co-op student at a computer repair shop, so this site is great if i need help, il be sure to visit. :tazz: unfortuanatly its takeing a while for the scan to finish, i will try to look for all the drivers i need to update. im pritty sure i dont have a virus i have formated my HHD 2 times installed Win 3 times. i will be sure to do all the things that might be posted after this. once the scanning is finished i will let the mem test prog run over night to see how well it does. so hope that all your computers are running well, and good luck with future umm hmm what should i call it, projects.. help advice and what not. c ya in the morning....

azreal

azreal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
one more thing, i like learning about computers all the time anything about them really. so im curiouse what does the /r peramiter do to the scan? is it a repair function or is it just to make it more thorough, the scans at 50% :tazz: so thanks one more time, hope to be more of help then to be recieving it next time. ;) alright good night everyone.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
checkdisk has to options. the first just checks the indexs, security descripters, and the user journal. the second option run with the /r causes the occourpied and freespace to be checked... ie s surface scan.

Advertisements

azreal

azreal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ahh ok ty.. knowledge well shared. :tazz:

azreal

azreal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
the scan fiished without aproblem, and both rams were tested for 1.5 hours and passed with flying colours so im gessing that im just left with the drivers now.

azreal

azreal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
in the BIOS there is a CPU disconection option its enabled bydefoult, do you thin that that might be he problem? what is it any way?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
disconnection? please go into the bios and check the title again. never have seen that listed in a bios before.

azreal

azreal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
thank you all for your help, my comp seems to be running fine now no more restarts, and even WOW doesnt crash no more yay. thank you so much. ill look more into that cpu disconnect thing but right now that its working great i just wana use it :tazz: thanx again.