Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

drwin.exe crashes on shutdown

• Please log in to reply

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
1. Nothing. Live with the situation as it is.
2. Manually stop Setpoint before system shutdown each time.
3. Try to find a driver that closes properly.
4. Get a new mouse. I have a Microsoft Intellipoint wheel mouse that reads
any surface except a mirror, comes with a disc, and cost 19.95 at Best Buy.

I like to simplify. I would choose the new mouse. You must choose for yourself.
But, Hey! At least we now know that it's not a major system error or a sign of impending doom!

Advertisements

Vaillant

Vaillant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Well I'm certainly not changing mice, this MX1000 cost me 90$. Thanks for your help... I'll keep trying to fix this on my own.

lazaros

lazaros

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Well i have the same problem. Very often i get Dr Watson errors and when i try to open the most programms they shut down. I did a format to my pc yesterday and today the same problem.. I googled it and i noticed that all the people that have that problem they have a logitech product. I see it from their hitjack logs. Now i see here that you use the setpoint programm, so you have a logitech mouse. I have a logitech webcam and the problem started one day after i installed it on my pc. What the [bleep] happens?

Also i see this :

Had this problem, here is what I did:

Open regedit, go to:
HKLM_SOFTWARE_MICROSOFT_WINDOWS_CURRENT VERSION_RUN

If you have a logitech input device, or a Gravis gamepad input device, you need to
modify the value of the registry key so that the application starts up in *belownormal*
processor priority.

Example:
start /belownormal c:\windows\system32\Grxp4exe.exe /init

"start /belownormal" is the addition you will make to the beginning of the line...

Hope this helps,
-Norm

I do it, but nothing happens.. Maybe i do it wrong? Do i have to write the /init also? Can somebody help me?

lazaros

lazaros

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
If you have Kaspersky or AVS anti-virus unistall it, because it conflicts with logitech products..!!

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Lazaros-please start your own thread.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Well, feedback here... Thanks alot 1101, your help pointed me in the right direction after all... Turns out that with a little more tweaking with my script, I saw that the setpoint.exe didnt have time to unload properly without a sleep command, thus resulting in the dumprep.exe crash..

All I did was put in a sleep command for 5 seconds, it allows setpoint to unload normally, and everything shutsdown well now.

Thanks for all your effort. :whistling:

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Glad to be of assistance. :-)