Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add/Remove Programs Problem

• Please log in to reply

Dj J...

Dj J...

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi, I have a problem in the Add/Remove Section in the Control Panel. I installed a program lately, but it didn't run. My friends told me that the program wasn't good anyway so I deleted it through the Uninstall Button of the Program. After Uninstalling it, I went to the Add/Remove Section, and the program still appeared. I wanted to know if Windows XP has some directory which contains all of these Program Names and lets them appear in the Add/Remove Section. The main thing I wanted to do is to delete the Program Name from the Section.

Thanks!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
in add/remove programs have you tried pressing the remove button for that program? SOMETIMES the program name will get "stuck" but if the program is already uninstalled...and you try to remove it in add/remove then it will tell you it can't and ask if you want to remove the program from the add/remove list

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
If that fails;

Remove invalid entries in Add/Remove Programs

Dj J...

Dj J...

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi again, none of them work.
dsenette: it doesnt give any problem, and the green bar actually goes till the end, but still the name doesnt go
whiskeyman:i tried deleting it, and what happens now is that in add/remove section, the name still is there, but the button beside it of change or remove disappears!

I DID MAKE A BACKUP!

Dj J...

Dj J...

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi again, i tried what whiskeyman told me again, and now it did work! Thanks alot for the solution!