Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

where is the arrow?

• Please log in to reply

collada

collada

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone! I didn't know about the existence of this site and I am glad that it exists! Anyway, here is my problem: The little arrow that appears at the right bottom of the desktop which hides the defunct little 'complection' of various programmes suddenly has dissapeared. I have tried to make it appear by using [right klik>properties>concealment but unfortunately it does not appear. Please tell me what I should do!

Thank you.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I am not aware of any such arrow, nor do I really understand what you mean as your explanation is a little muddled.
If you mean the "hide inactive icons" arrow in the system tray, this is how you activate it:

1. Right-click empty part of the taskbar and select "Properties"
2. At the bottom, put a tick in the box for "Hide Inactive Icons"
3. be aware that, even with the option enabled, there will still be times when the arrow does not appear, if all the icons are active at the same time.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Looks to me like this person wrote the query in their native language and passed it through a translator...

Collada you will have to explain what you mean in more detail, we do not understand.

FCCAGut

FCCAGut

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Ok what does...what does...this mean right here: "concealment"? I never knew it was in Properties...maybe it's a virus, you better check it out.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi collada...

Right click on the "Start" button and choose "Properties". Under the "Taskbar" tab, make sure there is a tick in the box next to "Hide inactive icons", then click on the "Customize" button. In the window that appears, click on each of the icons shown in the list and use the dropdown menu that appears next to it to set them to the desired action. Apply the changes.

Does this do the trick?

wannabe1