Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

added RAM not recognized

• Please log in to reply

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
The two cards may be interfering one with the other. Enter control panel > system > device manger. In "sound video and game controller: disable ac97 temporarilly and see if tit makes any difference.

Advertisements

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I assume after I disable it I can re-enable it. I'd hate to lose what I do have now. The Sound Blaster Live has never shown up in the device manager. The 2 times that I have had to computer to the tech I have told him about my concern (not seeing SB Live) he acted surprised and said he would correct that. I can see where he tried, I found a driver file for SB Live in,
LiveDrvUni-pack(ENG).exe, in folder C:\driver dated the day he had the computer. So I assume he did something with it. I wonder if I should try and run it myself? The driver file for C-Media, cmedia973x.zip is also in that folder????

I will try disabling the C-Media and see what happens....

Edited by richocki, 12 March 2007 - 05:01 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It should only install from a Liveware 3.0 CD

There is a lot of other software on there which goes with your soundcard, if you do install it from a Liveware 3.0 CD then it should disable the onboard sound