Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hard drive

• Please log in to reply

40vern

40vern

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
will a harddrive out of a compaq presario 2700 fit into a compaq presario v2000? if so can i find all of my lost data from my old computer that has eather been erased or lost?

Advertisements

AMDAthlon64X2

AMDAthlon64X2

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
You could put the harddrive in it but it would also mean you wouldnt have the origional drive to put the data on. Also it would be useless because everytime you want to switch data you wouldn need to switch harddrives . But aslong as it was working on the 2700 it will work with the v2000. But if you cant find hte lost data on the origional laptop then you wont find it on this one.

Edited by AMDAthlon64X2, 10 March 2007 - 08:47 PM.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
the old computer quit due to heat sink. best buy said that the mother board died.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If best buy said it , it was probably something else.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
i like what you said about best buy, thanks for the information. my comuter was very nice. i really paid allot of money for it and it still looks new. i wich i could get it repaired.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
if it was a heatsink problem, then its a cpu problem not motherboard :whistling:. what socket is your old motherboard? i might have a spare cpu

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
You have spare laptop cpu's?

Edited by SOORENA, 11 March 2007 - 10:06 AM.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

You have spare laptop cpu's?

i have 1, but there is a local computer shop right down the road from me im always at. i can get real good deals

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
thanks for the information and your offer. i am not sure what socket type my computer is. it is or was a compaq presario 2700 modle number 2715us
the computer worked fine for a year or so then it got to there it would crash using the power suply. but it would work fine off the batteries. i would charge the batteries and use it then when they would run down i would shut it off and regharge the batteries and so on. then after a while it would crask using the batteries. now i cannot get it to boot at all.