Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

email headers

• Please log in to reply

aimless

aimless

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello , im a newbie on this forum , hope im posting in the right section for my question regarding email headers.
I've been receiving personal emails , supposedly from two different persons, from different locations, from 3 email addresses ( 2 hotmail 1 yahoo ) , both in the US , one in California , the other in Mississippi , actually one of the emails was supposedly sent from the Middle East, namely Iraq !
Recent events made me wonder about the person's backround and truthfulness , so i looked at the " email headers " i've compared the details of all 3 ...
the " From " IP address is identical in all 3 emails.
Can an email sent from Iraq have the same IP as one sent from the US ?
Does this mean what i think it means?
That i have been made to believe that im corresponding with 2 different persons, when in fact someone has played "tricks" on me ?
I think i know that the answer is " YES " but would like to be sure!

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If the IP addresses match, more than likely the emails came from the same computer, and it's on a fixed IP address (broadband). If you are using some sort of service, the emails all may be routed through a central computer, which would also indicate the same IP address. If these ladies said they did not work together or live together, I would question their integrity.
Johanna

aimless

aimless

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for the reply Johanna,

my thoughts exactly, but i would like to be as sure as i can be ,
I've done a search on the IP address on " Whois" it gives me " fl.comcast.net" , where to from here?