Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

mother board

• Please log in to reply

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
i have been looking in my manual for how to remove however i done see a part that sais ram.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Responding to your PM, this is what ram is, click here

If you have any further questions ask here, Best Buy would replace ram probably for a 50$ charge plus the cost of the ram, it might be easier, however like I said there is no guarantee that its the ram, I'm kinda edging towards the hard drive. This possibility however is much harder to cancel out. If the hard drive is the issue, your probably going to have to send it into either Best Buy to fix or the producer of your laptop as I have never seen laptop hard drives for sale anywhere. Ram on the other hand is a much easier task. If you do end up doing it, be sure your in a moist room, neutralize yourself by shocking some medal and if a possibility, highly recommended, buy a anti-static wrist band as a shock is all it takes to fry any computer components.

Read your manual about the location of the ram, I know on dell laptops its on the bottom of your laptop in the middle under a slot, I believe its the M slot located in the center.
If your need any more advice please feel free to post away
James :whistling:

Edited by james_8970, 13 March 2007 - 02:32 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
why are you wanting to remove your ram?

http://www.webopedia...TERM/R/RAM.html <--definition

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip