Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cant Dowload Anything

• Please log in to reply

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Hi All,
as the title states i cant download anything to my computer no matter what the site. IE7 keeps displaying a HTTP error 403???
and states that the internet site requires me to log in??? and thats on free sites such as softpedia and the like???

also my university has an online site that allows you to dowload lecture and tutorial notes and it states that my current browser and javascript isnt supported but teh funny thign is it worked only 3 days ago and i havent updated anything with IE7 i dont think unless somebody else has with the computer.

so in order to diagnose the problem i managed to download Mozilla firefox to see if it was doing the same thing and it was, but instead of displaying a HTTP error it just said the site was blocked i have no idea what this means.

also if it helps im running zonealarm security suite and have updated that recently so maybe its somehtign to do with thoose settings???
nd the only thing i have updated recently was a windows notification advanage update.

can somebody please help me with this rather annoying and frustrating problem???

much appreciated,
troppo

Edited by troppo, 10 March 2007 - 09:46 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got the zonealarm set up file on the PC

troppo

troppo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
by that do you mean somthing that is called:
zlsSetup_61_744_001-en

then yes.

troppo

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, network and internet, internet options, delete, delete all, tick box for add ons

Click the advanced tab, click reset, apply, try IE

If it does not connect, Close IE, right click the ZA taskbar icon, click shutdown, confirm, wait till it closes

Click start, all programmes, windows or microsoft update

If you get the page, close IE

Click the ZA set up file (35MB?) choose clean install

There is a later version, you could download that and choose clean install