Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How Many Pets Do You Have ?

• Please log in to reply

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
I've had so many over the years and now I have one, 9 years old Toutoune

[attachment=42648:toutoune_01.jpg]

Edited by Alzeimer, 15 June 2010 - 04:22 PM.

Advertisements

Tam2u

Tam2u

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I am owned by 3 dogs.....They almost have me trained

minhduybk09

minhduybk09

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have 2 dogs, 2 cats and 3 fishs

Edited by sari, 06 July 2010 - 07:35 PM.

dinotech

dinotech

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
We are a cat family:

Prudence - oldest siamese/tabby, a little black, a little grey, a lot of white. We had to put her to sleep, but she remains in our heart forever.

Tigger - manx, very athletic, grey with black spots, stripes. We had to put her down too. We have great pictures of her covered in blankets.

Nadia - Tuxedo. We affectionately refer to her as one of two Oreo cookie kitties we have. She is alive and stays close to my Mom. Talks a lot.

Sasha - one of two rescue kitties we have. Someone left her and Xena on the front lawn of a co-worker. I told him to call my Mom, the rest is history. She loves to climb!

Xena - Affectionatly known as slinky. A very beautiful black kitty with black strips. For those of you who understand the concept of a familiar, Xena is my familiar. I truly believe that the soul of Beggar - a german shepard that loved me when I was a baby (protected me even against Mom when she would scold me for doing something I shouldn't. He meant well, but didn't understand the concept of reprimanding) - placed in that cat along with the souls of those people who loved me. She will not leave my side if I am home, and she will howl if she cannot find me.

Tigger Too - A good story here. While I was living in AZ, my Mom had a boy cat come into her home. She attempted to shoo him away several times, but Prudence would have nothing of it. She meowed at my Mother ever time she attempted to shoo him away. It was evident that Tigger Too had earned the respect of Prudence who doesn't like boy cats (had an experience with one that wasn't neutered). So he stayed in the house. Several months later, Mom was working in the yard when she heard someone call for Tigger. It was our neighbor, and she asked if she seen a brown tabby with black strips. Mom asked if she meant Tigger, and our neighbor said "Yes, Tigger Too." The irony doesn't stop there: Mom chose the name Tigger II because she already had a Tigger. Our neighbor named him Tigger Too. After conversing, it was obvious that Tigger had left his original family because of a dog. He has been with us for 10 years+ He gets a bit onry with the girls, but he is neutered. He is very tough too, having a gouge for weeks before we even noticed it (got in a fight with another cat).

This is our motley crew, and the personalities are vastly different, it would make a great sitcom.

Our cats are de-clawed (not my choice) because Prudence was the first to be de-clawed. They were supposed to be indoor cats, but that didn't work. I'll never have another cat that is de-clawed. I would rather train it not to scratch and destroy furniture.

They are a blessing to us. I'm sure yours are as well.

Dino

MedStudent.003Hz

MedStudent.003Hz

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Here is my little girl, Nena Mi Amor, a 10 year old...about to be 11...Bassett Hound. Although, don't tell her she is a dog because she has no idea that she is. :)

Posted Image

snowysdad43

snowysdad43

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
hi guys
i am currently owned by 2 ferrets
they are incredible pets
like kittens that never grow up lol

p.s they do not stink or bite (common misconceptions ) :)

Magnificent Exploding Head

Magnificent Exploding Head

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Two dogs.

A male collie/lab mix named Roscoe.

A female german shepard/lab mix named Kitty.

Yep, a dog named Kitty.
Actually she is named that because when we adopted her(or rather she adopted us) a few years ago I had gotten way into Whedon & Cassaday's run on
Astonishing X-Men. I wanted to name her for a comic character, and Kitty (as in Kitty Pryde) fit her personality, and my sense of humor, to a tee. Plus she has a penchant for the neighbor's cat's food. Geez..dogs'll eat anything.

And mutts rule. They're the best dogs ever.

Edited by Magnificent Exploding Head, 30 September 2010 - 07:22 PM.

Marcellinus

Marcellinus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Floks.. I have two wonderfull little girls. Cleo, a 4 year old minature Basset Hound, and Cloe, a SKY Terrier (Scottish) also 4 years old. They are great little pals, outstanding watchdogs and have a most agreeable nature...love 'em both.
My last dog was 'Tricksy' a Kelpie who was placed in my father's tucker box by my brother when he found her as a stray. She was discovered 2 days later and remained a treasured member of the family for 22 human years!!! (an unusually outstanding age). I also have large numbers of sparows, butcher birds, magpies, galahs, and other parrots who know me well and fly in each afternoon for their feed... Being an old timer, pets bring me happiness and joy.. A few stray cats lurk around, perhaps one may be added to the group, but I wonder what the two girls will have to say!!!

Regards & Best Wishes,

Marcellinus

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
BUMP! :)
My wife has me, our 2 children (3rd one coming up), a rottweiler and a cat to take care off, and she does a fine job !!!
She found me about 10 years ago, trained me well and gave me all the shots I so desperately needed. I was not neutered though... :unsure:

.. Anyways..,
  • Our (MY) cat, Flipje ("Nutter" in Dutch) is 18 and is a rescue cat I found when it was 6 weeks old. He's a real hero on tiny silk socks, and is actually on my lap right now.
  • We got our Rottweiler "Buddy" when he was 3 months, a while before I had to leave for a tour of duty for the first time, about 7 years ago. He's my most loyal friend by far. A good mate helped me train him professionally, so Buddy is as docile as a lamb.., except when he sees a rabbit, NO chain will help me against his 4-paw-drive then...
  • We also kind-off adopted our huge, neighbors cat "Mo," especially when they are having their grand-children over...
  • And I keep a Chameleon in my office, but that sounds more exciting then it is.., it just sits there being all pretty... It actually doesn't even like to be outside of the terrarium unless I hand feed it some live crickets, but it seems happy under the lamp, and has all the room it needs, times 4... I'm still wondering if it's a boy or girl by the way, and therefor didn't name it... Suggestions are appreciated.
  • I had a Boa Constrictor called "Bella" for years as well, but I donated her to the zoo when we got children... I still visit here once a year, but I don't think she remembers me anymore. :yes: She looks great though; very big, very fat and very happy :)

Pets are purrrrrr-fect !!!