Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple issues [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

§piral

§piral

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry if this isn't relevant, but what music do you produce?

Advertisements

DJBounce

DJBounce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
nope doesn't seem relevant :D , but since you are the one to get me to 2 pages <_< (no offesne admin, i appreciate all the help),..... your prize will be an anwser :D

My specialties are House, Trance, D&B. Have always dabbled in remixing. But, I also do Bar gigs, and help the guy that got me started with his Mobile DJ service. So I play it all at times.

My heart and home computer work is usually club though, be that I myself am a clubkid, and now having a 4 month old, home production is about all I really have time for.

Problem is I have no Sound right now. Kinda hard to mix like that.

------------Now for the :P :o :D Question again

Do I need to know what my M/B is? I've noticed on some driver download sites , that is one of the questions that must be known to get the right driver. If this is so I need extra help.(see original post) As I bought this from an Expo 7 have no clue what my M/B is , but would like to know how if possible.

Big Thx.......you'll be getting a nice donation down the road, having this rugrat I might not have any other option.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Try this link to identify the hardware in your computer and help locate drivers:
http://www.geekstogo...tion=show&id=13

DJBounce

DJBounce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
BIG BIG THX for that AIDA32 program, that was exactly the program I needed to know what the heck I bought.

Now for the <_< Thing.

AIDA (which I can verify , since it is an addition I added)

says I have : PCI /PnP Audio - Creative SB PCI128 (Ensoniq ES 1370) Sound Card, but when I go to the creative site to search for a driver, it tells me that it does not detect any Creative products .......???????????? :D :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Creative's auto detection doesn't work too well. Just find the driver for your card manually on Creative's site. Also, AIDA32 will often provide a link to the proper driver.

DJBounce

DJBounce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Just noticed this in your original post:

Driver c:\windows\system\vmm32.vxd (, 1,019.88 KB (1,044,352 bytes), Not Available)
Driver c:\windows\system\mmdevldr.vxd (4.90.3000, 17.62 KB (18,043 bytes), Not Available)

Looks like you're having issues with your sound card driver. Have you tried reinstalling?

i hope i haven't become an annoyance yet. I appreciate all the help.<_<

Well, I found the newest drivers from Creative and they are installed, but still no sound.

I noticed that the drivers are WMD. But if you look at my post and your reply about the missing VxD items, it appears that may be where the problem is.

How do I go about getting those VxD items?

I couldn't find any info about them.

What else do I need to do/download other than my Sound Cards driver? Since that has already been done.

Do I need to reinstall WINME?

:D

Edited by DJBounce, 18 June 2004 - 06:38 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Try START -> RUN type in SFC -- Check Repair, have the Windows CD handy.

Also, try updating DirectX: http://www.microsoft...ectx/downloads/

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.