Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Clueless about .PDB files.

• Please log in to reply

jrhather

jrhather

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I used BT to download a Stephen King eBook collection. (Titled 'Stephen King Palm PDB EBooks') All the files are in PBD format, which I've googled several different ways with little success in finding something to use or convert the files with.
I don't want to read these on anything but my desktop, so info on PDA's etc is pretty much useless to me.

King, Stephen - Four Past Midnight_txt.PDB <--- one of the filenames as an example.

As this is pretty much everything the guy has ever written, I'd really enjoy a bit of help so that I can while the hours away reading his work. :whistling:

Much thanks for all your help - jrhather

Advertisements

jrhather

jrhather

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, jrhather. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

First, is the Stephen King collection in public domain (free) or did you purchase it? We at G2G can't assist with illegal downloading or any P2P or other FileSharing software, as it is against our Terms of Service.

What program do you have to read e-books? It the file you downloaded says it's for Palm, then you won't be able to read them with anything but a Palm e-book reader program.

So, if you want to read e-books on your desktop/laptop computer or Pocket PC running Windows Mobile, can download Microsoft Reader from here. It's freeware.

If you want to read e-books on a Palm PDA, I'll have to check some more.