Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup problem with Widows2000

• Please log in to reply

nu2this

nu2this

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hello,
I am using Windows2000 professional. When trying to startup my laptop the following message appears:

RUNDLL
"ERROR Loading C:\PROGRA~1|MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL"
"The specified module could not be found"

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks for any assistance you might have.

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Hey and welcome to G2G :whistling:

Does this only happen when you get to the desktop?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
A quick search on Google says that this is a browser helper object, part of My Web search bar, often downloaded with free software and sometimes with adware/spyware. You probably have an entry in your registry related to it, removing that entry may stop the problem but you may still have other problems.

Edited by Tyger, 12 March 2007 - 05:17 AM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I agree tyger, i knew it was all along, but I was just making a clarification that it was just happening on the desktop.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Funny still eh, even malware break down :whistling:

nu2this

nu2this

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thank you,

ultimatslacker2.
This happens befor I get to the desktop. I see the message, click OK and then I can get to the desktop.

tyger:
I tried a google search by copying the messege and searching befor I posted here but didn't get any result. Thanks for your insight though, I was able to find that this might be a BHO. I never knew what a Browser helper object was befor your assistance . Any thoughts about finding this in the registry and how to fix it?

Thanks

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Yeah from the google search, it looks like you have some left overs of Mysearchbar.

Go to the malware forum and post a HJT log there and one of our professionals will analyze it for you :whistling: