Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video problem

• Please log in to reply

Rocketman26

Rocketman26

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here are my system specs:

Raidmax Sagitta case
ECS RS400-A Motherboard
2 Dell 256MB RAM sticks
PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 256MB PCI video card
380 watt raidmax power supply
P4 HT cpu

I had decided that I wanted to upgrade my Dell Dimension E310's case and MB, so I took everything, including the SATA HDD, out of the case, except the MB and power supply, and put it in the Raidmax case. I installed everything sucsessfully, and all LCDs and fans turn on, but I still have a slight problem: no video output whatsoever. I have tried putting the LCD monitor cable into all the available video ports on the system. Still, nothing. The video card worked perfectly on the older system, but I had disabled the Dell mobo video port to get the card to work. I had all the video card's drivers installed on the older system. So, can anybody help me to fix this rather aggravating problem?

Edited by Rocketman26, 11 March 2007 - 09:43 PM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well try removing everything except the processor, one stick of memory and one video ( on-board or card if no on-board) and see if you get anything. IF not remove the memory and see if you get any beeps.... if not I'd say try a different power supply... if you still get nothing, I'd say the motherboard is probably toast.... ( haven't trusted ecs since pcchips bought them. )