Edited by benay, 12 March 2007 - 02:48 PM.
rename or delete windows systems folder
Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:47 PM
Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:45 PM
Please confirm the Operating System for this computer. You have posted in the Windows 2000, XP forum, but your profile states Vista.
Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:55 PM
To create a new user account:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts tool.
- Select the Create A New Account link.
- Give the account a name and click Next.
- Click Create Account button.
- Reboot the computer. Log in with the new user account. This will create the user folder under Docs & Settings.
- Reboot the computer and log in with an administrative user account that is neither the new or the old. You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the classic log-in shell. If you don't have a third user account on the computer, you can type in Administrator as the user. This is the default Administrator account that is set up at the time Windows is installed. The password may be blank.
- Right-click My Computer and select Properties.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Settings button in the User Profiles section.
- Select the old user account.
- Click the Copy To button.
- Click the Browse button and then browse to Documents and Settings, and select the new account folder.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users