Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hide Icon in System Tray

• Please log in to reply

leedownen123

leedownen123

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi,

I have a few to many icons in my system tray that I want to hide. Now I still need to the program to run but in the background with out any visibility in the system tray. I tried to right and left-click a few of them for a hide option and some had it and some didn't. Is there a way to hide the ones without a "hide" option?

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Right click "Start." Choose "Properties." The Taskbar tab should be open. If not, just select it. Near the bottom put a mark in "Hide inactive icons," and then click "Customize." In the list that displays, click the icon you want to hide to highlight. Then click the down arrow and choose how you want the icon to behave. When you're done click "Apply" and then OK.

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
YES! That did the trick. Thank you very much.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Glad to help. :-)
It's not that I'm smart, I just know about: http://www.samspubli...r...4hours&rl=1
It's an online e-book. You can check out any page from the index. Hope you're having fun.