Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp with sp2

• Please log in to reply

AmarPanda

AmarPanda

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HELLO
I am Amar and new to this site, anybody can help me where i got Full XP with SP2.

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Hello Amar, and welcome to Geeks to Go! I am guessing by your question that you do not have Service Pack 2 installed on your computer. If you go to Windows Update:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
using Internet Explorer, Microsoft will scan your system and offer the needed updates. Remember to click the bar at the top to allow the scanner to work. It will use what is called Active X. You may have heard bad things about them, but this one from Microsoft is safe and needed. SP2 is big. Plan on spending some time getting the update. Since it is so big, you will likely want to just get SP2 this time, and then go back for more. I hope that you will take the time to get your XP system fully updated before browsing the web. Many of the updates are security updates that help protect your system from harmful attack. Should you have any problems, do post back with as many details as possible, and we will do our best to help.

Edited by 1101doc, 13 March 2007 - 12:25 AM.