Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

0x0000007B Engma

• Please log in to reply

jojo.javelosa

jojo.javelosa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I just bought a new out of the box DELL E520:

Processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium D (2 installed)
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Mobo: Board: Dell Inc. 0WG864
Serial Number: ..CN4811171N052E.
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. 2.2.0 01/16/2007

Harddrive: 249.96 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
239.48 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
SAMSUNG SP2504C [Hard drive] (250.00 GB) -- drive 0

Memory: 502 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'DIMM_1' is Empty
Slot 'DIMM_3' is Empty
Slot 'DIMM_2' has 512 MB (serial number 95293B18)
Slot 'DIMM_4' is Empty

Bus Adapters: Intel® 82801HR/HH/HO SATA RAID Controller
Microsoft iSCSI Initiator
Intel® ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830
Intel® ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831
Intel® ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832
Intel® ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2834
Intel® ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2835
Intel® ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836
Intel® ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A

....we're a company that still uses Winxp in the office and what I tried to do was to take out the harddisk that came out of the box that has vista on it and replace it with a blank, used but in good condition harddisk to install winxp into. Tried to do installation by booting up using the winxp CD and running the installation setup, but after loading up the drivers for installation and begins to start the windows setup it comes up with this error:

"Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer."

"0x0000007B (0xF7A8A524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

I've tried 5 different hard disks of the same type but it still comes up with the same problem. Already downloaded the latest drivers for this model from DELL and STILL comes up with the same message. Am I doing anything wrong during installation? Is there something i'm missing? Please help!

Thanks!
:whistling:

Edited by jojo.javelosa, 13 March 2007 - 03:43 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
None of the NT based operating systems like switching motherboards, besides they are keyed to the hardware in the machine, if you change too much hardware Microsoft will not recognize them as an authenticated copy os the OS.

jojo.javelosa

jojo.javelosa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

None of the NT based operating systems like switching motherboards, besides they are keyed to the hardware in the machine, if you change too much hardware Microsoft will not recognize them as an authenticated copy os the OS.

So that means no other hardware will work with my machine except the one it came with out of the box? Is there anyway to circumvent this problem? I've called DELL and they said that WinXP should work with this machine even though it originally came with Vista. Any more insights?

Thanks... :whistling: