Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows update Error number: 0x8007043B

• Please log in to reply

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I can't seem to update windows because of this error. Can anybody help me to sort this please?

Kazmcm

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Follow the steps here: When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the 0x8007043B error.

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
i tried that but in the registry part it doesn't say value data so i don't know where to put it. Sorry i know i sound stupid but i just want to make sure i don't muck up the registry

Kazmcm

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Repeating from whiskeyman's link:

*WARNING*
6. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Navigate to the following key:HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost.
7. Double-click to open the netsvcs key.
8. Under Value Data.
9. Add BITS and WUAUSERV to the list of services.
10. Click OK.
11. Exit the registry.
12. Restart the system.

Did you find netsvc key? If it's there, then add the Value Data and follow on with step 9. See this link on How to Edit the Registry. Make sure you make a Restore Point and a backup of your Registry.

Ron

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
ok i found the netsvcs folder and when i opened it, it had default and coinitializesecurityparam. I double clicked default and a window opened with value name and value data so i put BITS then WUAUSERV in the value data clicked ok then rebooted. I then tried to update again and got the same error code!!!!

help!!! have i put it in the wrong place?

Kazmcm

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I hope you did them separate. They both don't go in the same Value Data box.

http://www.updatexp....0x8007043b.html

Try this;

This 0x8007043b error "fix" has also been found to work in some newsgroup postings.......

Try registering the following:

Click Start, select Run and type (pressing enter after each one and wait for the
success message):

net.exe stop wuauserv

Press Ok

Repeat for the following:

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 atl.dll

net.exe start wuauserv

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

I hope you did them separate. They both don't go in the same Value Data box.

Thanks. Forgot to mention that. :whistling:

Ron