Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Display Error With Monitor

• Please log in to reply

Yppolitia

Yppolitia

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ok, so I have a flat screen monitor and recently there has been a thick strip on the tight side of my monitor that changes colours. Im assuming its some form of connection problem but im not sure for certain what exactly it is. Is there some way to fix it or am I going to have to buy a new one? Ive checked the connections from the monitor and they are fine and I dont have another monitor to test :whistling:

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Is the cable from the monitor to the computer removeable? If so you could try replacing the monitor cable. It could be a bad screen though.... if that's the case you should just buy a new one.

Benzooor

Benzooor

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Unplug the cable from the back of the computer; the LCD should start it's self-test (someting will bounce around usually saying "self test" or "no input" or "no cable detected"). If the problem is still seen during the self-test, it's a bad LCD.

If not, try swapping out the cable like suggested, and upgrading to the latest graphics card drivers.