Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Amazing experience with Geeks To GO!

• Please log in to reply

mariano

mariano

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello Geeks to go viewers,
I recently began a new topic thread because of a virus I was having trouble removing and wanted some advice. To tell you the truth, I was not expecting much. I thought at worst, I would get no reply at all, and maybe at best I would
get a reply from an impatient tech who would give me complicated instructions that were way over my head, and if i didnt get understand, i was s.o.l. . To my suprise, my post got a reply by the time I checked it the next day! My replier was CrustyOldBloke (aka Phil), a very patient 'malware surgeon' from England who told me I had the "Virtumonde" virus, which was quite sneaky and difficult to remove, but proceeded to guide me through the ENTIRE virus and spy/mal-ware removal process using either Freeware or Demo-version software, meaning I spent NO MONEY on removing this virus! To top it all off, after my system had been cleaned of infection, Phil guided me through another process to completely tweak my system and get it running better than ever!! I was utterly amazed at how quick all of Phil's replies were, and how much he was able to help without being a paid consultant. I was so impressed that I HAD to make a paypal donation to show my gratitude, it was the least I could do. Now im writing this feedback topic to again show my gratitude and let everyone know how thankful I am for a site like GeeksToGo.com and for all the generous tech support!
Thanks Phil, and thanks GeeksToGo!
-Mariano

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Thanks so much for letting us know! I'm very happy your experience with G2G was positive.

Thanks again.

mariano

mariano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
your are very welcome

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Mariano, thank you for taking the time to express your gratitude. This means a lot to all the staff at Geekstogo who give their time and expertise so willingly. We'd love you to hang around. :whistling:

mariano

mariano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
O I will definitely be hangin around.. I plan on using GeeksToGo for all of my comp-tech questions! I already got some great advice on an affordable memory upgrade for my system! I finally have somewhere to ask all those tech questions that my friends can't answer.. Thanks GeeksToGo.. I will speak highly of you to anyone I meet that needs computer help