Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where can I find Dell XPS M1710 Compatible Memory?

• Please log in to reply

mariano

mariano

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I am interested in adding memory to my Dell XPS M1710 Notebook. I am hoping someone knows where I could purchase this from an 'aftermarket company' (sorry if this is just a car term, but its all i could think of).
Dell prices seem ridiculous for memory upgrades, 1GB module costing $149, 2GB module costing $819!. I know dell has memory compatibility issues, so i would need to purchase from a manufacturer that is Dell compatible.
here is the tech specs from Dell on the memory I would need:

Speed : PC2-5300 / 667 MHz
Description : Standard SODIMM
Package Type : 200-pin SODIMM

any suggestions are much appreciated!
-Mariano

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I am interested in adding memory to my Dell XPS M1710 Notebook. I am hoping someone knows where I could purchase this from an 'aftermarket company' (sorry if this is just a car term, but its all i could think of).
Dell prices seem ridiculous for memory upgrades, 1GB module costing $149, 2GB module costing $819!. I know dell has memory compatibility issues, so i would need to purchase from a manufacturer that is Dell compatible.
here is the tech specs from Dell on the memory I would need:

Speed : PC2-5300 / 667 MHz
Description : Standard SODIMM
Package Type : 200-pin SODIMM

any suggestions are much appreciated!
-Mariano

Goto www.crucial.com put in your computers make and model and the memory is guaranteed to work or your money back.

Here I found the page for you...

http://www.crucial.c...model=XPS M1710

Edited by jrm20, 13 March 2007 - 01:38 PM.

mariano

mariano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
awesome thank you