Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange MSN virus...

• Please log in to reply

samboo1

samboo1

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
A few days ago i got a virus through MSN. A window popped up with one of my friend saying 'Holy [bleep] take a look at this <link>' and not knowing that it wasnt then i clicked on the link and then downloaded this 'contact list' thing, although when i went to open it i realised it was a virus, when i unvolutarily started sending the same message i recieved to everyone who was online. It also changed my IE homepage and settings. After some searching online i found out what the virus was and downloaded Spybot S&D, it detected it and as far as i know it was gone...
Now just today i seem to have another virus, and i never get viruses on MSN normally which brings me to think they were connected. This time, i open my MSN convocation windows and then some weird rap music starts to play...i can assure you it's never done that before. Anyway after a virus scan it's still doing it. Anyone familiar with it?

EDIT: Just now a song randomly played again but i dont think it was on MSN this time...

Edited by samboo1, 13 March 2007 - 03:37 PM.

Advertisements