Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zune Desktop Theme - Released By Microsoft [Makes Win XP Black]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I read that there's a new free win xp theme from microsoft called "Zune Destop Theme". It makes your win xp look black like vista and has no adaware or malware in the installation. Better yet you do not use any theme program to pull it up, as it simply becomes an option when you right click your desktop properties and choose "appearance".

The word is that microsoft calls it "Zune Desktop Theme" because they are currently promoting their new gadget the Zune mp3 player. Anyways it's free and I have a few questions about it since microsoft gives little info on it.

1. Has anyone successfully installed this and found it to run 100% fine without glitches or bugs?

2. Does anyone know if it is a memory hog?

3. Can this be uninstalled so you can make your theme back the way it was or does it destroy the original xp theme? (I ask this because during installation you have to install the theme into C:WINDOWS)

I'm a bit scared to use this because it installs to C:WINDOWS and I have no idea if there are any adverse effects. I use win xp home with service pack 2. Below are two sites with info on the theme:

http://www.zune.net/...ne/software.htm (official download from mcrosoft - look at the lower right)

http://skattertech.c...-xp-zune-theme/ (more info and user reviews)

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
please do not start more than one topic for the same problem. Stick with one until it is resolved. :whistling:

This thread is closed, as it is a duplicate.