Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SigmaTel Audio is set too low for mic

• Please log in to reply

SCajaquada

SCajaquada

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Is there any way to adjust a soundcard's setting louder? -- I just got a Dell XPS 400, with a SigmaTel Audio as the audio device, and with all the volume control turned all the way up, the mic is still too soft for other people in a chatroom to hear me easily -- when they could before with the same mic, on previous computers.

(The audio I hear, through everything I've heard, is loud and crisp, though)

-- Also. it seems that this audio device does not support outputting from the mic and another internal audio source at the same time -- ie. playing music streaming from Rhapsody under my voice...

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Advertisements