Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

asus a8n sli mother board

• Please log in to reply

kingcobra

kingcobra

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ive put together 5 computers with the asus a8n sli motherboard with the amd 64 4000 + chips and had a few problems with them just rebooting on there own.. But two the the computers in the same house both seemed to give the blue screen and then they just wont start. Could some one shed any light on this .. I was thinking maybe its a power problem since there both in the same apartment the 3 other machines havent giving me any problems but there not at the same location. Any help at what could be causing this would be appreciated..
Thanks

Advertisements

Sierra54

Sierra54

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I had a similar issue with my a8n-sli build. I finally got it to post when I tried to boot with only 1 stick of ram. Although I can't remember which slot finally worked so I could then use 2 sticks of 512.

You can also try this site: www.asustech.15.forumer.com/

It is devoted to Asus motherboards and was very helpful when I was building.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
when I built a system using that mobo...had some problems...turned out to be using just one stick of RAM required it be put in slot 3...found that in the mobo manual...I always start with one stick in a new build to reduce the number of things that can cause problems...after getting it successfully built and booted and windows installed I start adding any extra memory or PCI cards or add ons...hope this helps...

Edited by happyrck, 16 March 2007 - 07:52 PM.

kingcobra

kingcobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I had a similar issue with my a8n-sli build. I finally got it to post when I tried to boot with only 1 stick of ram. Although I can't remember which slot finally worked so I could then use 2 sticks of 512.

You can also try this site: www.asustech.15.forumer.com/

It is devoted to Asus motherboards and was very helpful when I was building.

thanks im gonna check that site out it has it has the duel memory in so its in two slots..ive put together like 5 of those machines this is the first one thats giving me this kind of trouble just wont boot up now .. thanks again..