Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mp3 player

• Please log in to reply

Ben1893

Ben1893

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I bought a Mp3 player for my son and it was working fine till 1 day he connected it to the comp to sync some songs to it and before he sync some songs he pulled it out to go do something else and did not click on the safely remove hardware. So know MTP driver starts but cannot access the player or will not access the player. I've tried everything I can think of but can't get it to work.
The comp just makes that sound like dingdong then dongding over and over and device manager keeps refreshing.
I know windows 98 has a EXE called ASD or automatic skip driver but it's not in XP or maybe not called that in XP pro.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
MY son just told me that also windows media player 10 poped up and said (Windows media player wasn't closed properly and is disableing all plugins.)

Edited by Ben1893, 14 March 2007 - 08:36 PM.

Advertisements

Ben1893

Ben1893

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Is there nobody that can help me on this matter?

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
You could try plugging it into a different USB port. Almost sounds like the port isn't making a clear connection with the MP3 player. Since the connect and disconnect sound keeps happening. Try it on a different computer. Or it could be the cord.

Are you running windows XP or 98?

What kind of MP3 player is it?

You don't need windows media player in order to have the MP3 connect to your computer as far as I know, so it most likely isn't that.

Did you have to install the drivers? Or did windows do that for you?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
if you can find the MP3 player in device manager try uninstalling it...also if the mp3 player came with it's own software try uninstalling that too...then reinstall the same way you did the first time he used it..

there's a chance that the player has an internal method to format itself (my creative zen vision M has the ability to do this...by plugging it in while holding the power "button" in the on possition...it will bring up an admin settings list where i can "reboot" or format the device) as a last ditch effort you might try formatting it and seeing if that straightens it out....however...if it doesn't fix the connectivity issue...then he's got a player with no music on it

Ben1893

Ben1893

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok guys thanks for the reply.
First of all I,ve tried all USB ports and still same thing the device see's the player but MTP device states it can't start it I think it said code 10.
It works ok on his friends comp and he sync's songs to it. It just quit working on my comp. And it plays songs with no problem.
Running XP Pro SP2.
The player is a Samsong-YP-U2J-ZW....1GB. When we got it and before we put songs on it I did a check for new version and it found and loaded it then it worked flawlessly until he unpluged it improperly by killing WMP task in task manager. So windows media poped up and said WMP was shut down improperly and it was disabeling all plugin's. So I think the Mp3 player will work if I could just get WMP to start using the plugin again. Also the Mp3 player doesn't show up in MY COMP where all the disk drives are at and why would it when all I get is dinkdong-dongding.
Also uninstalled MTP driver and reinstalled it and it loads driver then says (MPT driver can't start device so this driver may not work properly. Code 10 I think.

Edited by Ben1893, 16 March 2007 - 04:40 PM.