Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Age Of Mythology HELP! *S.O.S* :help:

• Please log in to reply

vladamere

vladamere

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I recently bought a second hand version of age of mythology and there are two files that refuse to install on my HD

Models.bar

and

anim.bar

i can play aom absorlutly fine aside all i can see is the landscape :blink: :whistling:

If you can help me id be eternily greatfull.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you can try to copy the game install cd's to the hard and install from there.

Off hand I would say that the disc may be to scratched/damaged to play/install. If if fails to copy to the hard drive then there isn't much you can do.

vladamere

vladamere

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hmn thanks anyway... I cant i tried. Its got all this nasty pasty anti-copying thingo majigo. I tried copying directly and non-directly from C:/ but it wouldnt let me.... :whistling: *sniffle*

CBMatt

CBMatt

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
If the CD is damaged, perhaps you could try cleaning it, either with a cleaning kit or a rebuffer/resurfacer. If that doesn't help, you might want to try to get your money back from whoever sold it to you.

vladamere

vladamere

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Yeah i tired cleaning it...*snivel*...the problemn is the shop that i bought it from has closed down to make room for a depatment store...*snivel*... I don't know would it be possible for somone to winzip the files and send them?

CBMatt

CBMatt

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
If I had the game, I'd certainly be willing to give it a try. Perhaps you can try this forum?

vladamere

vladamere

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
thanks