Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

takes forever to burn a dvd

• Please log in to reply

kaytabug

kaytabug

• Pip
  • 2 posts
we use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink and the entire process from getting it on the hard drive to burn completion takes 4 hours or more. aprox 2 hrs to get it on hard drive and 2 hrs to burn it and then its seems like its just by luck if it works. sometimes we dont have the whole movie sometimes it is digitized and or choppy. we are using the correct format of DVD ( dvd +R) when we just play a movie or a cd on our cpu the sound is well, say you are listening to a song and all of a sudden it gets slow and distorted kind of like a record palying backwards and then it goes back to normal and it will do that at least 3 to 5 times during one song. the sound does that as well during a movie or video clip on the CPU... i will post that q somewhere else but it might be relevant to this problem. anyway i want to try and fix this problem before i go out and buy a new CPU so i can burn movies and burn our home DV movies for my husband that is deployed. Thanks to anyone that has any ideas!

Advertisements

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
CPU type and speed ? memory amount? operating system?
free disk space ?
and what dvd writer do you have? i can write a dvd on 4 speed in 15 min. Do you test burn ?

Let us know what your specs are mentioned above.

Rik

kaytabug

kaytabug

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
CPU is a HP pavilion a430n with a AMD Athlon XP 3200 processor. Processor speed is 2.2 GHz, Bus speed is 400 MHz, Cache Size is 512 KB, 512 MB RAM, 160 GB hard drive. Operating system is XP home edition, free disc space is 73.8 GB
DVD+RW/CD-RW drive at a maximum 4X write speed

test burn? i dont think so.