Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sonicwall Equipment

• Please log in to reply

bigfastf150

bigfastf150

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello, I have a sonicwall pro 2040 firewall that I'm putting in for the company I work for and it was bought on recommendation from our hardware vendor. The thing was was supposed to be easy to use but it's giving me more headaches than anything else. If anyone has experience with this or other sonicwall firewalls I'd appreciate the hand. I need to be able to do the following things:

1. Block total internet access to certain users. (Can I do this by network user name or group name?)

2. Allow only certain websites to be viewed. (I have a group of users that should only be allowed access to certain sites and nothing else)

3. I also have a management group that need access to just about everything (except for things filtered by the CFS).

The box is a sonicwall pro 2040 with comprehensive security suite, premium CFS, and enhanced firmware 3.2.3.0-6e if that helps any. I've tried sonicwall forums, and sonicwall suport and there has been no response from the forums and sonicwall support has me run around in circles so I'm hoping someone with some hands on real experience with these things could shed some light on the situation.

Advertisements

mbpresent

mbpresent

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, I have a sonicwall pro 2040 firewall that I'm putting in for the company I work for and it was bought on recommendation from our hardware vendor. The thing was was supposed to be easy to use but it's giving me more headaches than anything else. If anyone has experience with this or other sonicwall firewalls I'd appreciate the hand. I need to be able to do the following things:

1. Block total internet access to certain users. (Can I do this by network user name or group name?)

2. Allow only certain websites to be viewed. (I have a group of users that should only be allowed access to certain sites and nothing else)

3. I also have a management group that need access to just about everything (except for things filtered by the CFS).

The box is a sonicwall pro 2040 with comprehensive security suite, premium CFS, and enhanced firmware 3.2.3.0-6e if that helps any. I've tried sonicwall forums, and sonicwall suport and there has been no response from the forums and sonicwall support has me run around in circles so I'm hoping someone with some hands on real experience with these things could shed some light on the situation.

Please wait for the Firmware OS 4.0 all your wishes are really easy to configure there. You can allready download a beta version of OS 4.0. In the older Firmware it has to be configured at many different places.