Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't view youtube videos in IE7

• Please log in to reply

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Hi, For some reason i can't view youtube videos whilst using IE 7 but i can whilst using Firefox. I have the lastest flash player but the following error message appears whilst trying to view "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player". Can anyone help???

Advertisements

Travis Longley

Travis Longley

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have the same thing too. Even if you try to upgrade java or flash it dont work. Please help us! It still doesnt work when you uninstall and then install either ie or flash or java.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you check Internet Options for IE and see if Scripting is turned on? Should be under the Security tab near the bottom of the scolling.

Ron

Travis Longley

Travis Longley

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
For me In ie I have all personal settings and EVERYTHING is turned on to automatic.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
That's not a good idea to have everything enabled under the Security tab for the Internet Zone. Might try resetting that and then check that the Scripting box is Enabled if you still have problems viewing site.

Ron

Travis Longley

Travis Longley

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok. It's reset and have everything done. I think i will go in and do a complete uninstall, even in the registry. That might do it. Then re-install.

305boy

305boy

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I am having the same problem with aol,internet explorer,and aol openride

lacriemosa

lacriemosa

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, For some reason i can't view youtube videos whilst using IE 7 but i can whilst using Firefox. I have the lastest flash player but the following error message appears whilst trying to view "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player". Can anyone help???

i have the same problem when i try to view the youtube videos. i am running IE 7. someone HELP ME :whistling:

hendaz

hendaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
O.K i have found the answer to the problem.

Un-install any instances of flash player you have downloaded and then download this version

http://www.softwarep...rnet/flash.html

It's the Vista version of flash and after its installed you will be able to watch youtube videos no problem.

Hope this helps (i know it did for me!)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try adding youtube.com in Internet Options in under both the Security tab (Trusted Zone) and the Privacy tab/Sites Button. Set to allow. May have to add site to the Content Advisor tab, but try first two first.

hendaz: Thanks for adding the info to your solution. Hope it works for the others.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 21 March 2007 - 04:28 PM.