Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

kcdupree

kcdupree

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This problem started about 2 weeks ago. I will touch an email in Outlook, and it automatically opens. I just wanted to preview it, not open it. Or, I hit the delete key, and it deletes more than 1 email at a time.

I have BitFinder for my virus protector, it's updated, last scan run on the 13th.

Has anyone else had this problem, or can you tell me how to fix it?

Thanks!

Kathy

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi Kathy, and Welcome to Geeks to Go!

I had a similar odd problem that only affected Outlook - when using Ctrl + left-clicking to select multiple, all the emails would open. It turned out to be my roller-mouse was dying. Once I tried a different mouse, the problems miraculously stopped.

Is that doesn't fix it, are you having problems in any other software? Is so, which and what are the symptions?

Do you have other users on the computer? If so, do they also have this strange behavior in Outlook?

Try a Detect/Repair. With Outlook open, click Help, Detect/Repair. This will repair the installation and if the problem is a software glitch, this may solve it.

Please post the results.

kcdupree

kcdupree

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Linda, thank you! That was the problem, it was my mouse! I didn't know they went bad unless they just didn't turn on anymore. Got a wireless mouse, very fast, and I love it!

Thanks for the info!

Kathy

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Good deal :whistling: Glad you got it fixed!