Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drag and Drop and Nero

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hi. So I have some DVDs that I want to copy. They are mine. But they are full. But, as my luck has it, my software all of a sudden stopped working. I get the attached error on my Drag and Drop application. I get similar stuff on Nero. However, there it does lead out right away and gives me error. This error occurs after source DVD was read and I inserted blank DVD, and few seconds passed. Can some expert help me with this dilemma. I did check for viruses and spyware. I also have plenty of free space on temp directory and drive.

Edited by bigdog1100, 15 March 2007 - 09:30 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what version of nero? have you tried updating nero by applying the latest patches for you version?

also you could be encountering copy protection........

Edited by starjax, 16 March 2007 - 09:57 AM.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
It is not copy protection. :whistling:

And I have version 6.6.0.13 OEM Bundle. I doubt it is an issue, since my other computer works without a problem. I tried to copy CD with ClickToDVD and it worked without a problem. Can it be firewall or something? Or maybe it is a DVD drive itself?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
there have been several updates to your nero. Go to http://www.nero.com/...enu/nero-up.php and download package 1. that should update your nero to the latest version.

Are you having any other issues with that same system burning other dvd's or cd"s? What brand/model is your dvd burner?

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Pioneer DVR-107D. It came with computer. There are no further issues. Also, it does play and record DVDs with other software. Thank you.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
So, um what should I do?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
update nero

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Ok Just updated. I also turned off VAIO Media Servers services, since they were interfering with new already Hogging ZOne Alarm.

Still the same result. I am also attaching the error that Nero gives.

callumtuckey

callumtuckey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
you want to use (nero 7) prem

never gives me problems

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Thank you, no. I got my Nero as bundle software with DVD rewriter for free. It is not nero. It is something else. Please help.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
according to the info you provided, Nero is the only software that won't drag and drop. Also according to your info, it used to work.

At this point I don't have anthing additional to add, unless you are able to add additional info.

you can go to http://www.cdrinfo.com and look up your burner and see if there are any firmware updates for it. You can use a different piece of software to perform the action you want. And lastly, instead of doing drag and drop, you could go into the application and manually build your burn. Thats a bit old school, but that's how they all used to work.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
First of all, there are two separate software programs that won't work. One is Drag and Drop, and another is Nero. Both are not able to complete the copy of DVD and stop practically at the end of burning target disk. I don't know why. Perhaps another staff may take a look at this to see maybe they know. Thank you. :whistling:

Edited by bigdog1100, 28 March 2007 - 02:54 PM.