Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i dont know if this is the right area

• Please log in to reply

Phil81

Phil81

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have an audivox 6700 and i am having the worst time trying to get the right codec for the phone and get the movies to be readable. I have movies in avi format. I was able to find the codec at work but now when i put the usb cable that runs from my phone into the computer it wont connect. i was able to get the codec by right clicking on the movie in the sync playlist and clicked web help. the computer found the right one all by itself and the movie played on the screen. but like i said i cant get the phone to connect to that computer now. the version of windows media player that i have at work also differs from the one that i have at home. the one at home is newer and does not have the option to right click on the title. im going nuts guys. pleeeeeeeasee help. and if this is not the right part of the forum then please redirect me. thanks dudes

Advertisements

Phil81

Phil81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
so can anyone offer any help? I am but a lowly novice to this process and am desperately looking to improve my long subway ride in the morning with some movies. if this is not the right area please let me know and I will take my inquiry to the correct area. if not can anyone help? thanks!!

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
I have had good success using K ite codec pack or all codec situations.
You can try it. Version 2.85 is the latest.

http://www.free-code..._Codec_Pack.htm