Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard drive help please

• Please log in to reply

biggun33

biggun33

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ok here is what I would like to know. When I installed my new hard drive about 2-3 years ago I formated it into 4 sections.(was told didnt need to but did it anyway) Now I need to know how to (without reformatting) combine it into 1-2 sections. My main section is low on space and need to do something. I will appecerate any and all help. Thanks, Biggun33

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You will need to buy Partition magic to be able to do this.

http://www.symantec....r...p&pvid=pm80

SRX660

biggun33

biggun33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ok thatnks. I was just woundering if there was any other way.I think I have that program but we just moved and it may be in one of 500 boxes in the garage. Time to start looking.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
While i have not tried this software it might work for you.

Paragon Partition Manager 2005
http://www.vnunet.co...on-manager-2005

I have used the Paragon Drive Copy 8 program with great success on 3 different computers. While i have the partition manager software i have not found a computer i can use it on as yet. I just thought i would throw this in if you are unable to find your partition Magic CD.

SRX660

biggun33

biggun33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks I will try it.