Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A.O.L Keeps disconnecting

• Please log in to reply

lester2401

lester2401

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Right this is not my connection but my sister in-law's so if I take a while to reply its because im not at her machine (oh er).

Against my advice she opted for the cheap AOL broadband package. For the first couple of months it seemed to work fine but now it keeps disconnecting then reconnecting.

A little blue box pops up saying
AOL erroer (ac-3002),
system information: ACS 4.6.61.4
Tcp/ip connection, error 0x84100113
winxp-sp2, Mcafee personal firewall plus
AOL 9.0

She connects to the router through a usb cable and the make of the router is Netgear DG834gV3.

So the two things I would like to do is solve this connection error with out having to restart the pc over and over again and...

Connect to the internet without using the AOL software if possible because I think its a load of bloatware.

Oh yeah I've done the spyware and virus scans with hijack logs ect.

Thanks in advanced.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://help.aol.com/...articleId222344 reference from AOL on that specific error

lester2401

lester2401

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Im afraid I done the things on the AOL dodgy help(if you can call it that)site