Hello rotlve and Welcome to Geeks To Go!
* Click here
to download HJTsetup.exe
- Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
- Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
- Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
- Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
- At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
I would like you to generate a "Add/Remove Software list" log using the HijackThis application. Here is how you can do this:
* Open Hijackthis, In the lower right corner click the "Config..." (Configuration) button.
* Once in the "Configuration" panel, click "Misc Tools" button.
* Then click the "Open Uninstall Manager..." button.
* The "Add/Remove Programs Manager" panel should appear.
* In this panel click the "Save list" button.
* Save the "uninstall_list.txt" file to its default location.
* Then copy and paste the notepad text that appears in the generated "unistall_list.txt" file in a reply to this post.
In your next reply, please include these log(s):* HijackThis Uninstall List
* HijackThis log (new)
Also, please let me know how things are running now and if you encountered any problems while you were following the instructions I posted.