Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

lsass.exe system error --- invalid parameter passed

• Please log in to reply

grammyjel

grammyjel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I am new here & have read posts already about the lsass error, but none seem to be for the invalid parameter. My computer was fine when I shut it down, got this error on start-up. I tried to re-install windows, but it hangs up before complete & I get the error message again. I would appreciate any help

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
In my signature you can find a link to microsoft memory test tool. Download to a floppy or a cd, bootup the computer with disk in place and let it run for about an hour or so. Check if there are any errors.

grammyjel

grammyjel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok - I made a floppy & put it in my computer ------- what I'm getting now is "Loading....
Disk I/O error

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Enter bios and make floppy your first boot device. Save the changes and let the computer run.

newtoncd84

newtoncd84

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just went through this. Make a boot CD from UBCD4Win and once you have it booted up, restore the registry to a previous date and reboot. Voila!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Well done.

underworld

underworld

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I just went through this. Make a boot CD from UBCD4Win and once you have it booted up, restore the registry to a previous date and reboot. Voila!

where can I restore the registry under UBCD?