Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

converting music files with XP Media Center 2005

• Please log in to reply

bettei

bettei

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I thought with this media edition of XP I could easily convert music files to the MP3 format without having to download something else. I have music stored in My Music portion of the media center, and want just one album in it converted to the MP3 format to use in a slideshow.
So I was hoping to find some free safe program, or instructions on how to do it from someone.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Window's media player does convert to MP3's. WMP 10 it is built in and WMP 9 you can download codecs for it.

Wavepad is a nice small program you can download for free and use to convert wav files to MP3's when you save them. It will also convert wma files to MP3. The only things you lose when the trial period is up is what the master edition can do.

http://www.nch.com.a...ad/masters.html

SRX660