Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Access

• Please log in to reply

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
I am trying to figure out how to access a database on a FTP server that requires a username and password while using only microsoft access.

The files that are on the database are in a .mdb file format which is what access uses.

Currently I can connect to the ftp server and view the .mdb files using a cruddy third party vendor software that has no options for reports or sorting (which happens to be why i need to figure out how to connect to the server with Access).

I know all of the information such as the ip address, username, password, port etc.... that is required to connect.... i just dont know "how to connect" using Access. Any help would be appreciated.

PS.
I have been granted access to the ftp server with a admin levell username and password, so this isnt some plea for a hack or something.

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Nevermind I figured it out.

If interested here is how:

Open Access
click on file - then open - in the open box under "Look In" click the drop down menu and select "Add/Modify FTP Locations"
In the "Name of FTP Site" field just enter in the IP Address of the server, then fill in the username and password and click OK
Once done double click on the FTP site in the "FTP Sites box and WALLLAH im connected

Sorry to take up space in here