Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Gateway

• Please log in to reply

Rik111

Rik111

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
background- 3 wireless computers and 1 hard-wired (ethernet) computer on a modem+linksys router. 1 wireless and the hardwired computer don't have the following problem:

I don't know what this is, but it's making me angry. i managed to get it successfully off two of my computers, but on the other 2, it remains a beast. What I'm talking about is an "Internet Gateway," which doesn't have a "delete" option, and if i disable it, the other computer cannot get online. Backing up a step, the other two computers were remedied by Add/Remove windows component, network services, uncheck Gateway, ok, next, reboot. If i try said steps on the 2 problematic computers, neither can connect, even though it says it has an excellent connection. I can disable the gateway, but to the same effect.
:whistling:

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Hello. Sorry it took so long to find your post.
When you refer to the Internet Gateway are you referring to the The router's internal IP address (something like 192.168.1.1)? When the problem occurs have you checked to see what the IP address is for all 4 computers. Were any of them the same?
have you tried resetting the LAN?

1) Turn off all computers, and unplug the modem\router.
a) Release the IP address. (Start> Run> cmd> IPconfig /release)
b) Now turn the computer off.
2) Wait one minute and plug the modem\router back in.
3) When the modem\router finish booting turn all the computers on one at a time.

If it is a LAN IP address conflict this should clear it up.