Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Would having a short wave radio near computer cause hard drive crash?

• Please log in to reply

Zayness

Zayness

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hard drive crashed tonight, won't even boot up in safe mode. Have run programs on this computer for years & didn't have trouble.

Was playing online game tonight, it froze up & wouldn't boot up again even in safe mode.

Gateway said i have to restore so i'll lose everything on my hard drive.

Only things i can think of it hubby moved his short wave radio for work for dispatching buses & put it on top of the hard drive -would that cause this. Its been like that for a couple weeks & this was first time it won't reboot.

Or is it from a software conflict or virus??? What would cause this?

Advertisements

Zayness

Zayness

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I read online that sometime static electricity can cause hard drive crashes or conflicts of software but we didn't put anything new on that computer