Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gmail Problem

• Please log in to reply

mridang_agarwal

mridang_agarwal

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hey Guys,
I'm facing a small problem. I use Gmail and outlook. I recently got this nifty little mail checker tool to check for email at predefined intervals. Now the problem I'm having is like this. When ever my Mail Checker application checks my Gmail - my messages get marked as read on Gmail. And then When I try and download my mail in Outlook from Gmail, it doesn't find any new messages as all of them have been marked read. I'm facing this problem with only Gmail and no other POP service. How do i get around this?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

Should have posted in the New Posts Web Browsers and Email section, but someone may come along to answer your question and/or move your post to correct section. I'm not allow to move posts. :whistling:

Ron

mridang_agarwal

mridang_agarwal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
sorry. I've got so used to posting in the XP forum. My bad. Could someone move the post please?