Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Premium

• Please log in to reply

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi all,

I am having trouble transferring my digital photos from my sont digital camera to my computer. The trasfer begins and after a short while comes up with some error that the file is not on the memory stick.

I do the same thing on my laptop that has XP and works fine. This also worked fine before i upgraded to vista.

Any suggestions??

I have already updated the driver without luck and emailed sony, waiting a reply.

Peter.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
unfortunately you might be out of luck till vista has been around awhile and they work the bugs out... having said that, how are you transfering the files? Is there some software that came with your camera that you are using or is it just accessing it like a drive?

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi Shard92.

Got a reply from Sony. They are working on a software as we speak. They suggest to transfer photos to an XP computer and use a flash drive to copy across to Vista.

HAHA

Peter.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Yeah kind of thought it might be something like that... good luck