Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

playing games

• Please log in to reply

markkhan05

markkhan05

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i wondered if any 1 could help ive just downloaded sim city 4 on bit comet, every time i try to load it my screen just goes black help would be apreciated

Advertisements

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
ok give us some specs about your pc.

operating system?
videoo card?
drivers ?
versions ?

etc.

Thanks

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

Your problem is likley to be that:
SimCity 4000 is a very heavy Game, and requires a good video card.So:
1. Check your Video Card and check if its fits in the minimum requirements in the ReadMe files.
2. Download a driver from your Video Card Manfucatour.

Maybe your computer is too slow...

markkhan05

markkhan05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
CHEERS 4 UR HELP IM JUST NEW AT THIS PC LARK SO I DONT NO WERE TO FIND OUT ABOUT WERE TO FIND DETAILS ABOUT MY GRAPHICS CARD BUT I NO WHEN I BOUGHT THE TOWER IT SAYED SOMETHING ABOUT 64BIT GRAPHICS IM NOT SURE IF THERE ARE DRIVERS INSTALLED IM RUNNING XP PRO AND 2000 ATHLON PROCESOR 256 RAM IF THAT CAN HELP U TO HELP ME THANKS

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

Okey. To find out what's your Video Card:

Go to your Desktop------>Right mouse click-------->Press "Properties"------->Go to the "Settings" tab.

The Name wrriten there is the Video Card's name. Please copy it to this topic.
I don't know SimCity's 4 Game Requirements. Find that out by going into the folder you installed the game in, then click "Read Me". Read the requirements wrritenb there and see.

To find out if you have a driver, go to the Add\Remove Menu, and Search for something with the words "Disply Drive" in its filename. If you didn't succed, please post your Video Card Details here and I'll help you find out.

Regards,
israel_guy

markkhan05

markkhan05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi isral guy appreciate ur help i couldnt find anything to do with drivers in add or remove program but this is what was displayed in properties RADEON 7500 i think this is something to do with my monitor. sorry just had another quik look before i posted this and i found sis audio driver but i dont think thats it

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

Okey. Press here to go to ATI, your card manfucator. I coulden't get into the site, so just find the "Drivers" menu, or a similar one. If you'll see a menu asking for your Video Card Series or Number, Please type or select "Readon", then, Click on Readon 7500.

Your SIS Audio Driver is a sound driver. It's not the one we look for.

I'm really sorry to say, that if it's not working- you have to upgrade your Video Card. This game is really heavy, and does not work on every Video Card.

Another Solution- Check your Hard Disc Space. Please, make sure that there is at least 1.5 GB (Giga Byte- 1000 MB- Mega Bytes). To check how much space do you have: Go To "My Computer"----->Right Click on the Driver you installed the game in (Like C:// Or D://)------->You should see a diagram and Below it the space left. If you don't have enough space, Free some by Deleting a few programs (Add/Remove Menu).

Please Do all I told you and post a reply...

Regards,
israel_guy

markkhan05

markkhan05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
ye cheers 4 ur help israel guy ive had a m8t round to check it out hes found theres only an on board graphics card and says i need to upgrade. as you seem to no what ur on about another queerey i wondered if u could help me with im trying to down load films to bit comet but the only thing that i can watch or burn is video ts someone says i have to do something with winrar a program on my computer to play any thing else just wondered if u can help this amature thanks

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

If you meant you wanted to see DivX (DVD Quality Cd's-On your computer), you will need to do the following stuff:

1. Download DivX Codecs by pressing here.
2. Install the codecs.
3. Play it in Media Player or any program that you have.

About you Video Card:

If you are using Windows XP or Windows 2000, Download the Driver by clicking here. Then, install the driver, and launch the game again. Please restart your computer after the setup.

If you are using Windows 95, 98:

Download the Driver by Clicking here. Post a reply and tell us if it's working. I'll gladly help you.

P.S: Sorry, Can't help you with those Download programs. I have 56 K Modem, and it's very slow, so I can't download anything.

Regards,

israel_guy

markkhan05

markkhan05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
alright israel guy cheers 4 ur time it wasnt really watching divx is more that i can,t burn video ts files that ive downloaded just nothing else its all coming down as winrar files but ive read the help pages and its all jargen to me i just dont know how to make it into a windows media player file, if i could do this i can burn it with nero, as 4 the graphics drivers u sent me il get back to u on that just downloading at the min so il post u when thats done thanks again 4 ur help

Funstuff

Funstuff

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Just click on the top most rar file - then just click on extract then ok - you will then get a film - just like magic (but it isn't)

Edited by Funstuff, 11 April 2005 - 05:59 AM.

markkhan05

markkhan05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
alright m8t tryed that but its still not leting me play it when i downloaded it it downloaded cd1 cd2 and a sample, the sample works fine its already windows media player its just the others

markkhan05

markkhan05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
cheers man ive sorted it now by the way nice picture lol

ArNoLd

ArNoLd

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i downloaded a media player that playes anything including divx its called vlc media player. its at www.videolan.com i think