Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Freezing and Tweaking Out

• Please log in to reply

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have had my computer for 6 months and have been playing games such as Guild Wars and World of Warcraft constantly and never had any problems. During the past 2 weeks when I play World of Warcraft my computer occasionally freezes up. Also, random visual glitches such as my hat stretching to the ground and question marks stretching to the sky occur. Also, every once in a while the game starts having these glitches and then the screen just turns to a bunch of squares and shapes and I cannot see anything. This could be problems with my graphics card maybe?? I have not downloaded any programs or modified anything on my computer all I have done is play games so there are no addons that could be causing any problems. It only happens when I play games also. Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
It sounds like you could have a heat issue. First thing you will want to do is make sure that your fans are free of dust. Next you will want to download SpeedFan, Here. This will tell you whether or not your issue is heat. You will want to check it at an idle state and also during gameplay. Anything over 50C could cause problems. If dust cleaning fixes the problem be sure to clean regularly. Also don't let anyone smoke around your computer.