Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing uninstall buttons

• Please log in to reply

kruxter

kruxter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
In add/remove programs within control panel, about half of my applications are missing the remove and change buttons. Now I cannot uninstall programs. I need to remove some things and upgrade another program which tells me to uninstall the old version first! Obviously something is corrupted. This is for XP SP2. Please help....

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Not every program puts a shortcut in Add/Remove but if you look in Program Files for that particular program it may have an Uninstall or Unwise. Also not all programs make entries in the Registry but if you have to uninstall by hand you should remove the registry entries for it, but be very careful in the registry.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Check out this fix.

Some applications in Add/Remove Programs list are missing Change and Remove buttons ?

kruxter

kruxter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Check out this fix.

Some applications in Add/Remove Programs list are missing Change and Remove buttons ?

My registry does not contain these entries at all for the programs in question (that is referenced in the fix above). I don't know what else to check.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
What are the programs?